20. Farquharson, K., Hogan, T.P., & Bernthal, J.E. (2017). Working memory in school-age children with and without a persistent speech-sound disorder. International Journal of Speech Language Pathology. ePUB before print.
19. Farquharson, K. (2016). When there is more to the story. ASHA Leader.
18. Tambyraja, S.R., Schmitt, M.B., Farquharson, K., & Justice, L.M. (2016). Home Literacy Environment Profiles of Children with Language Impairment: Associations with Caregiver- and Child-Specific Factors. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders.
17. Schmitt, M.B., Logan, J.A.R., Tambyraja, S.R., Farquharson, K., & Justice, L.M. (2017). Establishing benchmarks for expected growth in language for children with language impairments. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research.
15. Language and Reading Research Consortium (LARRC), Farquharson, K. and Murphy, K.A. (2016) Ten Steps to Conducting a Large, Multi-Site, Longitudinal Investigation of Language and Reading in Young Children. Frontiers in Developmental Psychology, 7:419, 1-16.. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00419
13. Farquharson, K. (2015). Language or motor: Reviewing the categorical theories regarding the etiology of speech sound disorders in children. Frontiers in Psychology,6, 1-3; Special Issue: Conceptual Categories and the Structure of Reality: Theoretical and Empirical Approaches
12. Cabbage, K., Farquharson, K., & Hogan, T.P. (2015). Speech perception and working memory in children with persistent speech sound disorders: A case study analysis Manuscript accepted for publication in Seminars in Speech and Language; Special Issue: Residual speech sound errors: Causes, implications, treatment, 36, 234-246.
11. Farquharson, K., Tambyraja, S.R., Logan, J.A.R., Justice, L.M., & Schmitt, M.B. (2015). Using hierarchical linear modeling to examine how individual SLPs differentially contribute to children’s language and literacy gains in public schools. American Journal of Speech Language Pathology.
10. Tambyraja, S.R., Schmitt, M.B., Farquharson, K., & Justice, L.M. (2015). Stability of Language and Literacy Profiles of Children with Language Impairment in the Public Schools. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 58, 1167-1181.
8. Tambyraja, S.R., Schmitt, M.B., Farquharson, K., & Justice, L.M. (2015). A person-centered approach to understanding emergent literacy risks in children with specific language impairment. Logopedija, 5, 1-8.
7. Tambyraja, S.R., Farquharson, K., Logan, J.A.R., & Justice, L.M. (2015). Phonological Processing and the Classroom Environment: Predictors of Decoding Skills in Kindergarten and First Grade Children with Language Impairment. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 24, 177-188. doi:10.1044/2015_AJSLP-14-0054
6. Farquharson, K., Tambryaja, S.R., Justice, L.M., & Redle, E.E. (2014). Examining IEP goals for Children with Speech Sound Disorders. Journal of Communication Disorders, 52, 184-195. doi:10.1016/j.jcomdis.2014.09.005
5. Farquharson, K., Centanni, T.M., Franzluebbers, C.E., & Hogan, T.P. (2014). Phonological and lexical influences on phonological awareness in children with specific language impairment and dyslexia. Frontiers: Educational Psychology, 5, 1-10. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00838
4. Biancone, T.L., Farquharson, K., Justice, L.M., Schmitt, M.B., & Logan, J.A.R (2014). Quality of langauge intervention provided to primary-grade students with language intervention. Journal of Communication Disorders, 49, 13-24.
2a. Geiss, S.A., Farquharson, K., Fitzgerald, M.D., & Means, J.W. (2012). Preparing school-based SLPs: What university faculty can do. Perspectives on Issues in Higher Education June 2012 15:11–15; doi:10.1044/ihe15.1.11
For more information, please see my Curriculum Vitae
Scan for ORCID